Tag: 上海419龙凤

  • SA welcomes Pope Benedict XVI

    first_img20 April 2005President Thabo Mbeki has joined the rest of the world in congratulating the Holy See on electing Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger as the new pope to succeed Pope John Paul II.Speaking in Jakarta, Indonesia while on a state visit there, Mbeki said His Holiness assumed leadership of more than 1.1-billion Catholics at a time when the world and religious leaders faced major challenges such as poverty and development.“South Africa expresses its conviction that Pope Benedict XVI and indeed the Roman Catholic Church will remain seized of and ally themselves with the global struggle for a better Africa and a better world”, Mbeki said.Ratzinger is to be inaugurated as the Roman Catholic Church’s 265th leader on Sunday, being elected Pope 17 days after the death of Pope John Paul II.Ratzinger was born in Bavaria, Germany on April 16, 1927, and endured conscription into the Hitler Youth as a teenager in the 1940s.Mbeki said this gave him first-hand knowledge of racism, a scourge that was by no means defeated in the world.“We in Africa see him as a potential ally of insight and strength in renewed warfare to create a new, safer and fairer world”, Mbeki said.Ratzinger served as Pope John Paul II’s theological adviser for most of his pontificate.Source: BuaNewslast_img read more

  • French loan to fund Eskom wind project

    first_img27 September 2011South African state electricity company Eskom has secured a €100-million (R980.8-million) credit facility from French development finance group Agence Française de Developpement (AFD) to finance the Sere Wind Project in the Western Cape.The loan forms part of a seven-year, R300-billion funding plan announced previously by Eskom.The facility, which is for 20 years, will go toward financing Eskom’s 100 MW Sere Wind Project in Vredendal in the Western Cape.“This is an exciting time in Eskom’s history with the first large-scale introduction of two critically important renewable energy projects, including wind and concentrated solar power, in its fleet,” Eskom CEO Brian Dames said in a statement this week.“This demonstrates our commitment to reducing our carbon footprint and making the transition to a cleaner energy mix.”Valuable relationshipsThe credit facility from the AFD is aligned to similar funding which Eskom has obtained from the African Development Bank, the World Bank and the Clean Technology Fund for renewable energy projects in wind and concentrated solar power.“Eskom values the relationship we have built with the AFD and we hope in the near term to conclude another facility with the bank for Eskom’s planned 100MW Concentrated Solar Power Plant in the Northern Cape,” said Eskom Finance Director Paul O’Flaherty said.The AFD is a bi-lateral development finance institution that works on behalf of the French government and its mission is to finance development according to France’s Overseas Development Assistance policies.It operates in around 60 countries and has been operating in South Africa since 1994 though its Johannesburg regional office.SAinfo reporterWould you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See: Using SAinfo materiallast_img read more

  • Shiv Sena seeks more aid for rain-hit farmers in Maharashtra

    first_imgThe Shiv Sena on Monday said the intricacies of government formation in Maharashtra should not push rain-hit farmers towards existential crisis and demanded that they be provided relief package of about ₹30,000 crore.Farmers in the State need to be saved at any cost, it said in an editorial in party mouthpiece ‘Saamana’, while terming as inadequate the ₹10,000 crore aid announced by the State government for crop damage due to unseasonal rains.The country is already facing economic slowdown resulting into lakhs of people losing jobs, and at such a time those dependent on agriculture are also suffering due to the untimely rains, it pointed out.The Sena’s comments have come at a time when it is locked in a bitter tussle with senior ally BJP over government formation in the state.“Farmers should not be pushed to face the existential crisis due to the untimely showers in Maharashtra, which is also going through political intricacy,” it said.The Government’s priority should be to extend assistance to cultivators, the editorial said, adding that “farmers should be saved, whatever may be the cost for it.”“The already announced amount of ₹10,000 crore is inadequate. Farmers should have been provided an assistance of of ₹25,000 crore to ₹30,000 crore,” it opined.As per an initial evaluation, crops on 54.22 lakh hectares across 325 talukas in the State have been damaged.“The woes of cultivators should be addressed. Whatever may be the form of the current government in the state, it should offer ₹25,000 per hectare to the affected farmers,” the Marathi publication said.Farmers have nowhere to go, as their major crops like soybean, grapes, cotton and sugarcane have been severely affected, it noted, adding that horticulture and floriculture have suffered a setback due to untimely showers last month.The Sena cited the case of 50-year-old farmer Dharma Jadhav who recently committed suicide after being depressed as unseasonal rains flooded his paddy field in Palghar district.“He was not debt-ridden, but his crop was damaged due to heavy rains following which he ended his life,” it said.“The government’s priority should be to extend the assistance to farmers. It should not waste time in technicalities of damage assessment, but ensure that farmers are the direct beneficiaries of its assistance, it said.The Sena said around 50 lakh farmers have taken crop insurance, and asked the insurers to not create any hurdles in clearance of the claims of cultivators.“If the crop insurance companies create trouble for farmers, they should understand that they will have to face the Sena,” the Uddhav Thackeray-led party warned.last_img read more

  • UNITY POINT ST. LUKE’S PATIENT INFORMATION MAY BE COMPROMISED

    first_imgUnityPoint Health says a phishing attack on its email system could have compromised the health and personal information of 16,000 patients.The Des Moines Register reports that the system discovered on Feb. 15 that a phishing attack had affected some employee email accounts.A letter sent to patients on Monday says accounts may have been accessed between November 1st and February 7th.Patients’ information that may have been exposed included medical record numbers, diagnosis and treatment information, lab results, insurance information, names and dates of birth and some Social Security numbers and other financial information.Patients have been advised to contact health insurance companies for a current report of all services paid.Patients may also call 855-331-3612 to see if their information was compromised.last_img read more

  • TIM STILL SPRINGING INTO ACTION IN THE ALICE

    first_imgThe Alice Springs Touch Association (ASTA) in the Northern Territory is just about to commence season one for 2008. The flagship affiliate has a proud 29-year history and with the support of a dedicated committee of volunteers continues to go ahead in leaps and bounds. Alice Springs TA President Tim Pearson is the driving force behind the affiliate and is TFA’s first recipient of the CEO Rewards Call program for 2008.TFA’s Chairman Mr. Peter Rooney contacted Tim personally to formally recognize the Alice Springs all rounder’s stellar record of service.Tim Pearson has enjoyed a 15-year involvement with the ASTA as a player, coach and referee, and has served as President for an impressive 9-year period, as well as being the Director of Referees in “The Alice” for a decade.Tim’s commitment to the sport is exemplary, with his dedication and influence stretching all over the Territory and across playing, coaching, and refereeing arms.Tim has been the Director of NT Referees for 4 years, and is a member of the Barbarians sub-committee.The Level 5 Referee has previously represented the NT as a referee at National Touch League and National 18 Years tournament level.He has also coached Alice Springs representative players and been a satellite coach for NT elite and youth players, a clear reflection of his contribution to the sport he is passionately dedicated to.Tim has also previously represented NT and Barbarians at Men’s Open level.The refereeing enthusiast who has refereed at State of Origin Level spends countless hours coaching local referees and is a central figure in the growth of the ASTA that currently boasts 28 teams across Men’s, Women’s, and Mixed Divisions.A fully-fledged Junior competition is on the way and new players and teams continue to swell the ranks of players in the growing affiliate.Northern Territory State Manager Isobel Appo was full of praise for Tim’s selfless dedication to the development of the sport in Alice Springs and the Territory.“Tim has done, and continues to do a mountain of work for us. We wouldn’t survive without the efforts of volunteers like Tim who devote so much time and energy to the sport and the people who play it. He is well respected, humble, hard working, passionate, and a central figure in the on-going growth and development of Alice Springs,” Mrs. Appo said.If you know of worthy candidates for the Monthly CEO recognition call outs in your local affiliate, please contact your State Manager as soon as possible so that hard working volunteers can be acknowledged.last_img read more

  • Epic Gas Adds Final LPG Newbuilding

    first_imgImage Courtesy: Epic GasSingapore-based owner and operator of pressurized gas carriers Epic Gas has taken delivery of the 11,000 cbm LPG carrier Epic Salina.The final vessel in a series of eight pressurised LPG newbuildings, constructed by Japanese shipbuilder Kyokuyo Shipyard, joined Epic Gas’ fleet on March 29.In January 2017, the company took delivery of the seventh newbuilding from the series, Epic Sardinia, which is under a long-term bareboat charter with purchase option. According to data provided by VesselsValue, the ship is owned by Japan-based shipping company Kumiai Senpaku.“Since the first quarter of 2013 we have grown from 22 vessels of total capacity 99,500 cubic metre, to 41 vessels and 268,900 cubic metre today, a 270% increase. Our average vessel size has increased from 4,523 to 6,559 cubic metre,” Epic Gas said.The company added that it remains committed “to providing a high-quality fleet of long term controlled assets across the fully pressurised sector of 3,300 – 11,000 cbm.”last_img read more

  • Feds have options to cut risk for Trans Mountain pipeline investors says

    first_imgOTTAWA, O.N. — Natural Resources Minister Jim Carr says Canada is considering several ways to reduce the financial risk for Kinder Morgan investors spooked by the uncertainty plaguing the planned Trans Mountain pipeline expansion.Carr says the government is still examining its options, but won’t commit to a course of action before Sunday, when Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is to meet with the premiers of British Columbia and Alberta.Ottawa’s options include buying a stake in the pipeline to both provide confidence the pipeline will be built and cash to compensate for nervous investors. B.C. Premier John Horgan’s persistent threat to challenge the federal government’s jurisdiction in court has investors fearful that the project will be postponed.Pipeline builder Kinder Morgan has halted all non-essential spending on the project until it gets assurances from Ottawa that the issues will be resolved. The federal government has until May 31 to respond.Trudeau has put a lot of political eggs in the Trans Mountain basket, risking political capital among climate-change activists in search of middle ground that allows for pipeline construction along with environmental safeguards.last_img read more

  • Trev Talks – LNG Canada affects on Kitimat

    first_imgThis week on Trev Talks, Trevor Bolin spoke with business owner and Realtor Graham Pitzel about what affect LNG Canada has already had on Kitimat. He also spoke with the Mayor of Kitimat, Phillip Germuth. A final investment decision on the LNG Project is still expected this year.You can watch the Youtube version of the show above or watch it on Facebook below.Listen for Trev Talks every Friday at 10 a.m. on Moose FM and shared live on Facebook and Youtube.last_img

  • Support is being provided for people with dementia and their caregivers by

    first_imgTo read more about First Link; CLICK HERETo read more about Alzheimer’s disease; CLICK HERE VANCOUVER, B.C. – The government is providing $2.7 in funding towards the First Link initiative for people living in British Columbia with dementia and their caregivers will; continue to receive help.“Receiving a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia can feel overwhelming and isolating for patients and families,” said Adrian Dix, Minister of Health. “This funding for the First Link program will help make sure people are supported to learn about the disease, how to cope with the changes and plan for the future.”First Link, administered by the Alzheimer Society of B.C., provides support to people with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia throughout the progression of the disease. There are more than 18,000 people connected to First Link. Parliamentary Secretary for Seniors, Dix and Anne Kang, made the announcement ahead of joining the Investors Group Walk for Alzheimer’s in Vancouver, to show support for British Columbians facing dementia.“The support of a community can go a long way in helping people with dementia and their families,” Kang said. “First Link is an important resource for connecting them to support groups and fitness and social programs, and helping ensure that they are acknowledged, supported and included.”The Alzheimer Society of B.C. runs several programs to support and educate people living with dementia and their families. These include First Link and Minds in Motion, a fitness and social program open to people in the early stages of dementia and their care partners, where they can participate in light exercise, fun activities and social time.“The Alzheimer Society of B.C. is grateful for the B.C. Ministry of Health’s commitment to British Columbians living with dementia,” said Maria Howard, chief executive officer of the Alzheimer Society of B.C. “This funding for First Link dementia support is vital for ensuring that people affected by the disease have access to programs and services that will help them build the confidence and skills to live as well as possible.”According to the government. supporting First Link is part of the commitment to strengthen the supports and services available to seniors. Government is investing $1.048 billion by 2021 to improve care for seniors, including investments in primary care, home health, residential care and assisted living. This will include $75 million over the next three years to expand respite care adult day programs and $240 million by 2021 to increase direct care hours for seniors to an average of 3.36 hours per patient per day.The government shares, more educational spaces for health-care assistants are being created in 11 post-secondary institutions across B.C. Through the Health Sector Statutes Repeal Act, continuity of care for seniors will improve with improved job security and stability for health care staff.last_img read more

  • Idris Elba to replace Smith in Suicide Squad 2

    first_imgLos Angeles: Idris Elba is reportedly in negotiations to replace Will Smith in the Suicide Squad sequel. The follow-up of the film, which is being branded as a relaunch, will be directed by Guardians of the Galaxy helmer James Gunn. Gunn has also written the script. Sources told The Hollywood Reporter, Elba met Gunn recently, and since things went well the talks began with Warner Bros studio. The ‘Luther’ star was the first and only choice for Gunn and the studio, the inside sources said. The move comes a week after Smith left the project due to scheduling issues, who, along with Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn, led the ensemble of the 2016 movie and played assassin anti-hero Deadshot. The film would mark Gunn’s return to the director’s chair after Disney sacked him from Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 3 in July last year, when his old offensive tweets resurfaced on social media. The sequel to Suicide Squad is slated to be released on August 6, 2021.last_img read more