Tag: 夜上海论坛NV

  • British supermarkets’ plea to shoppers – stop panic buying

    first_imgAnecdotal evidence suggested activity has stepped-up further since Thursday when Prime Minister Boris Johnson said those showing even mild symptoms of having the virus should self-isolate for at least seven days.As of Saturday, 21 people had died after testing positive for COVID-19 in Britain, health authorities said.In the letter to customers, Dickinson says food retailers are working closely with government and suppliers to keep food moving quickly through the system and making more deliveries to stores to ensure shelves are stocked.She also says retailers with online delivery and click-and-collect services are running at full capacity.Tesco chairman John Allan said on Thursday it was unlikely the retailer, which has a 27.2 percent UK grocery market share, would experience anything more than “very short term, temporary” shortages of certain products.Topics : Britain’s food retailers appealed to shoppers on Sunday to stop panic buying during the coronavirus outbreak, saying purchasing more than they need would mean others will be left without.The British Retail Consortium (BRC), which represents supermarket groups including market leader Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda and Morrisons, said retailers have come together to write to their customers, calling on them to be considerate in the way they shop.Their letter will be published in adverts in national newspapers on Sunday and Monday. “We understand your concerns but buying more than is needed can sometimes mean that others will be left without. There is enough for everyone if we all work together,” Helen Dickinson, chief executive of the BRC, says in the letter.Social media has been awash over the last week with pictures of empty shelves in Britain’s major supermarkets, with items like dried pasta, toilet rolls and canned food particularly sought after.Trading in UK supermarkets has been intense, with some shop bosses saying it can only be compared to the pre-Christmas rush.Read also: Why rational people are panic buying as coronavirus spreadslast_img read more

  • Tribunal rejects Lloyds bid to sack manager from £100bn mandate

    first_imgA spokesman for Scottish Widows said: “We are disappointed with the decision of the arbitration tribunal, and will look to discuss its outcome with Standard Life Aberdeen. Our strategy remains unchanged, which is to do the right thing for customers. Lloyds Banking Group has failed in an attempt to sack Standard Life Aberdeen (SLA) from a £100bn (€117bn) mandate for its insurance subsidiary Scottish Widows, following a tribunal ruling.It means the planned transferral of assets to BlackRock and Schroders has been delayed while the two parties decide how to conclude the contracts.Lloyds announced its decision to shift the mandate away from SLA a year ago, after deciding that the 2017 merger of Aberdeen Asset Management and Standard Life had meant the money was being run by a direct competitor.SLA disputed the decision and took the case to a tribunal, which this week ruled that Lloyds was “not entitled to give notice” on the relevant investment management agreements.  “We will discuss starting the process of an orderly transfer of assets to our new partners BlackRock and Schroders. We will continue to work closely with Standard Life Aberdeen to ensure there is no disruption to performance or service.”SLA said it was “carefully considering the terms of the decision and appropriate next steps” but would continue to run the assets in the meantime.Keith Skeoch, chief executive of Standard Life Aberdeen, said: “Now that the arbitration panel has ruled in our favour, we will carefully consider our next steps, working constructively with LBG to bring the matter to resolution.”Scottish Widows had already appointed BlackRock to run a £30bn slice of the mandate in October, to be allocated across a range of index funds.Schroders was granted the remaining £80bn as part of a strategic partnership with Scottish Widows to set up a wealth management and financial planning business.last_img read more

  • The Latest: Anisimova wins matchup of American teens at Open

    first_imgShe finished with an ace for her 22nd victory against a top-20 player.___The fourth day of play is underway at the U.S. Open, with Serena Williams, reigning Australian Open champion Sofia Kenin, Andy Murray and Dominic Thiem among those scheduled to take the court. Williams faces Margarita Gasparyan, who is ranked No. 117. The forecast calls for partly cloudy skies with a high of 76 degrees.___ The Latest: Anisimova wins matchup of American teens at Open September 3, 2020 Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditNEW YORK (AP) — The Latest on the U.S. Open tennis tournament:Amanda Anisimova won a matchup of American teenagers, rallying past wild card Katrina Scott 4-6, 6-4, 6-1 in the second round of the U.S. Open. The 19-year-old Anisimova, a surprise semifinalist at the French Open last year, steadied her game in the second set and pulled away. The 16-year-old Scott is ranked 637th and was coming off her first tour-level victory in the opening round Tuesday, when she made her debut in the main draw of a Grand Slam. Associated Press Anisimova, who is seeded 22nd, won the girls’ singles at the Open in 2017.___Tsvetana Pironkova pulled off an upset to reach the third round at the U.S. Open, her first tournament after a three-year break to focus on motherhood.Pironkova, who has no ranking because of her layoff, beat No. 10-seeded Garbine Maguruza 7-5, 6-3.A 32-year-old Bulgarian, Pironkova left the women’s tour to give birth to her son Alexander in April 2018. She is playing in her 12th Open but her first since 2016, and it’s her first tournament since Wimbledon in 2017. More AP tennis: https://apnews.com/apf-Tennis and https://twitter.com/AP_Sportslast_img read more

  • MASSIVE CROWDS FLOCK TO MCELHINNEYS FOR SUMMER SALE

    first_imgHundreds of people queue outside McElhinneys today, for the start of the summer sale.The crowds gathered at McElhinneys today for their massive Summer Sale, with thousands of discounts of up to 50% off the crowds raced to grab their summer bargain. McElhinneys is open today from 10am – 10pm and tomorrow Thursday from 9.30am – 8pm.For all those Brides-to-be don’t miss McElhinneys Bridal Rooms unmissable One Day Exclusive Designer Wedding Dress Sale is also on this Friday 6th June from 9.30am – 8.00pm.Stunning designer wedding dresses from Maggie Sottero, Ian Stuart, Pronovias, Ronald Joyce, Benjamin Roberts, Justin Alexander plus many more clearing with up to a massive 70% off. There will also be a selection of wedding dresses for only €99, sample bridesmaid dresses clearing at €50 and veils and other headwear clearing for at €10. This is definitely a bridal sale that cannot be missed if you are getting married!Most wedding dress offers will be available online at www.mcelhinneysbridalrooms.com. No appointment required. Great sterling cash exchange rate with £1 = €1.20.If you would like further information contact the friendly team on 00353749131217. To find the wedding dress of your dreams at a fraction of the price, get to the one day sale filled with exquisite wedding dresses at McElhinneys Bridal Rooms, Ballybofey, Co. Donegal this Friday 6th June. Shop Instore and online at www.mcelhinneysbridalrooms.comMASSIVE CROWDS FLOCK TO MCELHINNEYS FOR SUMMER SALE was last modified: June 4th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Businesshome-page featuresMCELHINNEYSnewssummer salelast_img read more

  • MALIN HEAD GOES GREEN FOR ST PATRICK’S DAY

    first_imgIreland’s most northerly point is turning green for St Patrick’s Day.Donegal Tourism has decided to turn Malin Head green in a bid to show tourists around the globe just how spectacular Inishowen and Donegal is.Tourism Development Officer for Donegal County Council, Kevin O’Connor said there is so much to learn about Malin Head and its surrounding areas. “Malin is a vital tourism attraction for the county, attracting in excess of 100,000 visitors a year, so we thought if it is good enough for the famous landmarks all across the world, why not for Ireland’s most Northerly Point.“Malin Head will be illuminated in green on the 16th and 17th March, so if you’d like to see one of the world’s spectacular landmarks lit up for Paddy’s Day you need travel no further than the top of the country”.The people of Donegal are very aware of Malin Head and its significance.In fact, almost every Irish person will have heard of Malin Head at some stage in their life – mainly due to its regular mention on national weather forecasts.But what else do you know about it? Donegal Tourism in conjunction with Donegal County Council plan to light up our very own spectacular natural landmark.It has happened to the Statue of Liberty, the Eiffel Tower, the Sydney Opera House, and the Great Wall of China. Now it is time to illuminate one of Ireland’s most significant locations and one that has a lot more to offer than one might first imagine.When it comes to Malin Head, there is much to learn.It is an area of great scenic beauty, and also of historical, scientific and ecological importance. Come and experience spectacular rock formations of stunning beauty and imaginative names such as Banba’s Crown, Devil’s Bridge, Hell’s Hole, or Five Fingers Strand.One of the first points of interest on the newly established Wild Atlantic Way, Malin offers unique bird watching opportunities, with an array of rare and endangered species; unspoiled natural flora; and a stunning canvass for any budding or professional photographer. Historically, it has been one of the primary links between Europe and America during the dawning of the Age of Radio Signalling, from The Tower at Banba’s Crown; or at low tide, perhaps you can spot the wreck of the Twilight, which sank in 1889 on its voyage to Derry.MALIN HEAD GOES GREEN FOR ST PATRICK’S DAY was last modified: March 11th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:donegalMalin HeadSt Patrick’s Daylast_img read more